Document! X 能夠在不需要開發人員的情況下，通過設計和開發自動生成文檔。它包含一個內容詳盡的幫助系統，內有一個目錄、索引和動態幫助窗口。該動態幫助窗口(在Document! X IDE，Visual Basic及Visual Studio.NET中提供)提供一系列幫助主題、指南以及啟動嚮導，能夠使新用戶或有經驗的用戶盡快掌握Document! X的功能特性。
- .NET Framework Assemblies (.NET Framework 1.0 - 4.5, Silverlight);
- 相容於COM 組件和控件
- COM 函式庫
- Java Projects
- Access、SQL Server、Oracle和其他使用 OLEDB 驅動器的數據庫
- XML Schemas (Xsd files or implied Xml Schemas from Xml files)
- Web Services (REST or SOAP)
為什麼要使用 Document! X?
使用Document! X，文檔可以在整個設計和開發過程中自動生成，而不需要花費開發人員的資源，同時為開發團隊提供了準確和最新的參考，並允許新的開發人員快速的學習新的組件和架構。Document! X使生成的文檔自然而富有內涵，就像是開發人員和技術人員編寫的一樣。
Document! X 被世界著名的控件公司所使用，包括Infragistics, Data Dynamics, Dundas, Janus Systems 和Telerik等著名公司。
同樣的“完整頁面修改”功能可在Visual Basic 6和Visual Studio （ 2002， 2003， 2005和2008）的環境使用－它允許你在生成的文檔的預覽中直接製作和維護你的Visual Basic, Visual Basic .NET 以及C# 源碼註釋。
與 Visual Studio 整合
Document! X與Visual Basic和Visual Studio無縫整合。文件項目可以創建、打開和建立，而不必脫離開發環境。
可視化的註釋編輯器可以創建和維護Visual Basic，Visual Basic .NET和C#的源代碼註釋。使用Document! X Content Tools你的內容可寫在源代碼的註釋和內容文件中。這種方法可以使開發編輯和作者之外的其他內容的源代碼很容易實現。
- 使用Document! X調整標準用語和術語以符合您的標準。Document! X支持英文，法文，德文，荷蘭文，意大利文和俄文的輸出
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 (32 or 64bit). .
- NET Framework/VS.NET 2010-2015 (for .Net support).
- IE 8+.
HelpStudio 是最快、最簡單的方式來創建和發布幫助系統，並將它們與您的桌面或基於Web的應用程式或組件整合，其包括 .NET 。可產出有助於跨平台的純 HTML (plain HTML)、平板電腦和行動裝置的響應式 HTML (responsive HTML)、 HTML Help (CHM)、 Help 2.、Microsoft Help Viewer 或可列印的 PDF。
HelpStudio 無縫結合了所見即所得的創作環境中，基於 Html 的佈局模板和客製化的 Content Widgets ，使它能輕易地以最少的資源創建和本地的一致化、專業化的尋找協助系統。Help Authoring 能幫您快速上手。
● User Interface: The HelpStudio Ribbon based user interface includes advanced features such as collapsible dock windows, a Tabbed MDI document area and document windows that can be floated onto secondary monitors for multi monitor support. The Tabbed MDI as implemented in HelpStudio allows you to split the document area into Tab Groups in order to work with multiple topics or other document windows side by side even on a single monitor.
● The Template Concept: HelpStudio leverages Html based page templates so that common page elements such as page header and footers are automatically generated. This feature is a crucial time saver, and ensures that as you evolve the look and feel of your help systems you don't have to go back and rework individual topics. You can choose entirely different Templates for different outputs.
Tablet and Mobile Support: The responsive support in HelpStudio allows you to generate a single output that automatically adapts to the device profile; delivering an optimal browsing experience for Desktop, Tablet and Mobile from a single output. Tablet and Mobile devices benefit from buttonized links, a button based fly out Table of Contents and other automatic features that dramatically improve the end user experience.
● Project Tools: HelpStudio can verify links, check spelling, Find / Replace and identify unused images across an entire project. All of the Project tools are integrated seamlessly and are not bolted on separate tools.
● Content Editor: The HelpStudio content editor provides powerful authoring functionality including table editing (row, column or cell cut/copy/paste, resize), unlimited undo, hyperlink designer, build flag highlighting. The Xhtml source editor includes intellisense and tag completion.
● Multi Language Authoring: HelpStudio allows you to work with any number of additional languages in addition to the primary language of your project. Define the project structure and Table of Contents just once and then localize for the additional languages. Easily switch between locales, track the localization status of any project item and work with 3rd party translation providers using the integrated Xml or XLIFF localization export and import.
● Team working: Working in a team and want several members to contribute to or review the help system? HelpStudio has fully integrated support for Source code Control systems (Visual SourceSafe, Team Foundation Server and Subversion). Unlike other Help Authoring tools, HelpStudio does not require that you check the project in and out as a whole - individual team members can independently work with different Topics, even the Table of Contents and Glossary in the same project simultaneously. The source control functionality is integrated directly into the HelpStudio user interface.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista (32bit or 64bit)
- Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit)
- Windows 8 (32bit or 64bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32bit or 64bit)
- Windows 10 (32bit or 64bit)
.NET Framework Version
.NET Framework 4.0 or later is required in order to install and use HelpStudio. The .NET framework is downloaded and installed automatically by the HelpStudio setup if it is not already installed.
Internet Explorer Version
Internet Explorer 8 or higher is required to install and use HelpStudio.
|Document! X||HelpStudio||Document! X &
|Conceptual Topic Authoring||V||V||V|
|Create free format topics, e.g. tutorials, procedures, how-to guides etc. You decide the Topic Structure and organize your Topics in the Table of Contents editor.|
|Automated Reference Documentation||V||V|
|Reference Documentation Authoring||V||V|
|Author additional content for reference documentation items, including colorized examples and see also links as well as descriptive content, using the Content File Editor. Create rules based content that applies to many items automatically using the AutoDoc File Editor.|
|Create all of your different outputs from a single project by using Build Flags and Build Profiles.|
|Style Picker, Style Editor and Stylesheet File Editor make it simple for you to leverage the power of CSS styles in your content.|
|A fully customizable library of content functionality that requires no manual scripting and can be configured for different outputs without any change to content. Standard widgets include dynamic images (click to expand thumbnails), drop down sections, colorized example code sections, tab strips, twitter feeds and more.|
|Reduce duplication by creating re-usable snippets of content using drag and drop.|
|Generate PDF Booklets.|
|Import from Word, CHM, Help 2.x, RoboHelp||V||V|
|Leverage your existing legacy content by importing directly from a wide range of other content sources.|
|Visual Studio Comment Editor||V||V|
|A visual comment editor integrated with Visual Studio® 2010-2017 allows you to author Xml format source comments directly within a preview of the generated page. All content is written back to the source as standard Xml comment format.|
|Compiled help (CHM, Help 2.x, Microsoft Help Viewer)||V||V||V|
|Full support for all the Microsoft platform compiled help formats including the new Visual Studio® 2010-2017 Microsoft Help Viewer.|
|Web ready plain html output for publishing on a intranet or internet web site, or for viewing from a local directory.|
|Generate PDF Booklets, including a Table of Contents and Index, using existing content you have authored for online help. Links, images and widgets are all automatically converted to be suitable for a printable output.|
|Automatically publish your generated outputs to a web site (Azure, IIS Web Deploy, Ftp and File System Directory Publishing Targets are supported) or directory path (local or network).|
|Link and Spell Check, Find and Replace||V||V||V|
|Validate the Hyperlinks and See Also links throughout your project. Find and Replace, including regular expression support.|
|Screen capture, image editing, thumbnail and markup tools integrated directly with the application.|
|Create a Glossary Page defining commonly used terms and have the definitions appear as hover popups where they are used in your content.|
|Project Index Editor||V||V|
|Work with a project wide view of the index to get a clear view of which index keywords link to which topics. Note that even without the Project Index Editor you can still define custom index keywords in the Topic Editor.|
|Author and generated output for multiple locales within a single project.|
|Localization Export and Import||V||V|
|Export content in XLIFF or XML format in order to use the services of a third party translation provider to assist with your localization. Use the Localization Report to identify content that requires localization.|
|Team and Community|
|Source Control Integration||V||V||V|
|Use Team Foundation Server, SourceSafe, SourceGear Vault or Subversion to collaborate with other team members. Fine grained integration allows different individuals to work on different project elements simultaneously.|
|Community and Discussion Features||V||V||V|
|Automatically include community and discussion features using Disqus, Facebook, SolidOpinion or Livefyre by simply enabling a single project setting.|
Community Extensions 是一個可相容於 Document! X 和 HelpStudio 的組件，能自動且無縫地在您所生成的 Help Systems 產生一系列的 Community Features。
Community Extensions 的功能需要 Community Extensions ASP.NET 網頁應用程式，它可安裝在您自己的 Windows 伺服器或桌機。一個免評估伺服器的設置，可提供您在沒有任何伺服器設置之下評估 Community Extensions 。只需啟用在 Document! X 或 HelpStudio 中的 Build Profile editer 的
|● The Ratings Bar, displayed in the page header, shows the average rating this page has been awarded to date. can simply click on the bar to submit a rating.|
● Private Notes, in the page footer, allow to store private notes against a particular page - e.g. reminders of best practices, additional information specific to the user. Private Notes are only visible to the user who created them.
● Public Comments, also in the page footer, provide a way to build community amongst your by allowing them to comment and share information on the help content they are using. Public Comments can also be used as a means to gather feedback from on the usability of the Help Systems you author. Public Comments are visible to all users of the Help System.
● The Community Feature Selector in the page header allows to enable / disable particular Community Features according to preference.
Community Extensions was designed with simplicity in mind - both from the perspective of implementing Community Features in your Help Systems, and from a perspective in using the Community Features. In addition to the ease of implementation and use, Community Extensions offers several important benefits over other ways that you may be considering implementing Community Features.
Push button implementation
Community Features are seamlessly integrated with the rest of your content, even when you are authoring. Your testers can instantly gain the benefit of Community Features whilst they are reading the help, and you can see the Community Features whilst you are authoring.
Help System integration
Community Features are available in the following help output formats: web help, HTML Help 1.x and Help 2.x. Many other implementations restrict you to a custom help viewer, or only support web output.
Community content is linked to a specific page and will appear wherever the Help System is viewed. For example, a private note created by a particular user on his desktop machine will also appear if he views that same Help System on his laptop machine. Users can have confidence that the notes or comments they rely on will be there the next time they need to refer to the Help System.
A particular Help System is identified by an "Project Key" value that you specify in the Project. This Project Key can remain constant for new versions of a Help System in order to retain previous community content, or can be changed to start a new set of community content.
Moderation and notification
Community Extensions can be configured to notify you when new Community Content is created. Community Extensions can also be configured to require approval by a moderator making new Community Content publicly visible. These options keep you in control of the content that appears in the Help Systems you create.
The Community Extensions ASP.NET application uses the ASP.NET membership framework for user authentication and management features. This enables you to integrate Community Extensions with your existing authentication process where necessary, or be up and running with the built in user management and authentication features right out of the box.
The Community Extensions ASP.NET application is pre-localized to 8 additional languages:
|● Dutch||● Spanish|
|● German||● Russian|
|● French||● Japanese|
|● Italian||● Simplified Chinese|
Translations can be customized after installation.
The localization used automatically matches the Phrase Languages chosen in the project.