它的目的是保持專案的完整性，防止或中斷具有破壞性的建構，QuickBuild可以透過問題解決和相關供應鏈管理變化(SCM changes)等相關訊息連接，建立一個訂定的管道去改善傳送可能會發生的問題(for example, dev->QA->release)。
選擇 QuickBuild 的好處：
QuickBuild 9.0 is shipped with Java 11 support, swagger report publish, build stats aggregation, GitLab pull request support, GitHub/GitLab/BitBucket web hook integration, Groovy script syntax highlight, rich html editor, step to run Groovy from file, grid resource filtering, decoupled commit status update and code checkout, grouped html reports, GPU support of EC2 integration, and more
- Java 11 support
- Swagger report publish
- Build stats aggregation
- GitLab pull request support
- GitHub/GitLab/BitBucket web hook integration
- Groovy script syntax highlight
- Rich html editor to edit various html content
- Step to run Groovy from file
- Grid resource filtering
- Decouple commit status update from checkout
- Grouped html reports
- API to run Groovy script on specified agent
- GPU support of EC2 integration
- Additional flags for git clone and log command
- Optionally include custom file when service starts
- Add STOP_OWNER_BUILD permission
- Improve authorized groups page to show inherited authorizations
- Reduce queued builds for GitHub pull requests
- Do not retry step upon cancellation/timeout
- Retry various git command if indicated by error message
- Perforce readonly and partitioned client support
- Able to match resource node using node criteria of other resources
Continuous Integration 持續集成
- Run proof build to test changes on server before commit or push.
- Run builds concurrently to get fast feedback.
- Run builds upon commit, use a schedule, or upon dependency finish.
- Report build progress and log in real time.
- Monitor/trigger build and receive build notifications through tray monitor without opening browser.
- Send failure notifications to committed users to ensure responsibility.
- Comparable and customizable statistics chart of key performance indicators.
- Build auto cleanup strategy to reduce disk space usage.
Continuous Deployment 持續部署
- Push commits to different build and deployment stages via pipeline.
- Be able to mark a good build as recommended to make it stand out of other builds.
- Flexible build promotions to implement user defined actions such as release, deploy, etc.
- Keep track of each deployment in form of deployment builds, and can roll back to any previous deployment.
- Compare different QA builds, release builds or deployment builds to get source changes.
- Access build artifacts and project documents.
Build setup and Workflow Design 構建設置和工作流設計
- Organize projects hierarchically for easy management and navigation.
- Reuse build workflows between projects through inheritance and achieve workflow diversity by using variables.
- Design complex build workflow visually, with drag and drop support.
- Repeat execution of steps, either sequentially or parallelly.
- Flexible version strategy for QA and release builds.
- Transitive build dependency support and artifacts resolving.
- Parameterized manual build with customizable option screen.
Build Grid and Cloud Integration 構建網格和雲端集成
- Scale to support massive builds simply by adding more nodes.
- Run steps of a single build parallelly on multiple nodes to accelerate build speed.
- Flexible node selection mechanism to enable build step running on one or more compatible nodes, with load balancing.
- Resource management to reflect capability of the grid.
- Partition the grid between different departments/projects.
- Optionally store artifacts on agents to reduce server load.
- Launch on-demand node into cloud environment including AWS, Azure and Kubernetes.
- Key performance indicators to keep track of server and grid health.
- Auto-update agents when server is upgraded.
Build Notification and System Alert 構建通知和系統警報
- Subscribe to interesting configurations to get build notifications.
- Forcibly send build notifications to group of users.
- Customizable build notify conditions and message templates.
- Generate system alerts under specified contions and notify relevant users.
- Support to notify through: RSS, Email, MSN Messenger, Google Talk, Jabber, and the cross-platform tray monitor.
Build Metrics Aggregation 構建度量標準聚合
- Aggregate build metrics from child projects/modules to get an instant overview.
- Generate aggregation statistics to display metric aggregation trends overtime.
SCM Integration SCM集成
- Flexible checkout strategy, either from server, or from agents.
- View/diff build changes by commits or files.
- Quiet period support to reduce the risk of triggering build against partial work.
- Exclude certain directories/files when detect changes from SCM.
- Optionally label source code as part of build workflow.
- Verify GitHub pull requests and Gerrit changes.
- User and file activities in SCM.
- Supported SCM systems: Subversion, CVS, Perforce, ClearCase, StarTeam, Visual SourceSafe, Accurev, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, Team Foundation Server, and Google Repo.
Issue Tracker Integration 問題跟踪器集成
- Transform issue keys in SCM commit messages into issue links.
- An issue panel to display all resolved and related issues of a build.
- Create/assign issues under certain conditions during build.
- Manage build versions either at issue tracker side, or at QuickBuild side.
- Update issue status based on issue commands in SCM commit messages.
- Update relevant issue fields to reflect fixed build.
- View related SCM changes and builds for selected issues or projects at issue tracker side.
- Currently supports JIRA, Trac, Bugzilla, CollabNet TeamForge, and Redmine.
Test Reporting and Trending 測試報告和趨勢
- Test results at a glance in build overview page.
- Access details of failed tests, with the ability to find out who broke the tests.
- Analyze and group test results by packages, test suites, namespaces, and more...
- Statistics of the test results
- Analyze history data of test results to know which tests failed often, which tests spent more time, and more.
- Native support for mainstream unit tools including JUnit, TestNG, NUnit, MBUnit, MSTest, Boottest, together with a XUnit format to support any other unit test frameworks with minimum effort.
Code Quality Reporting and Trending 代碼質量報告和趨勢
- Native support for mainstream code inspection and coverage tools, including checkstyle, findbugs, emma, pmd, and cobertura.
- Code quality at a glance in build overview page.
- Analyze the inspection, coverage results to find code problems quickly and easily.
- Display source code in QuickBuild with detected problems marked.
- Generate statistics chart for inspection/coverage results.
- Analyze history data of inspection/coverage results to know which files/classes causing most of the problems.
Customizable User Dashboards 可自定義的用戶儀表板
- Select layout and add gadgets to organize build information.
- Edit and copy existing dashboard.
- Share dashboards to groups or specified users.
- Public dashboard for anonymous users.
Security and Access Control 安全和訪問控制
- SSL support and IP address binding.
- Role based security and per-project access control.
- Optional anonymous access and user self-registering.
- LDAP and Active Directory integration.
- Single sign-on support.
- Audit of user activities.
Built-in Build Tools 內置構建工具
- Apache Ant
- Apache Maven
- Visual Studio solution and project builder
- NAnt (used to build .NET projects)
- Rake (used to build Ruby projects)
- Any other command line based build tools.
Extensibility and Customization 可擴展性和自定義
- QuickBuild can be extended to support new SCM systems, issue trackers, steps, reports, statistics, notifiers and authentication systems with custom plugins.
- External system can operate QuickBuild programmatically via the RESTful API.
Server Installation Guide QuickBuild
Supported operating systems
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/10, Windows server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019, 32 bit and 64 bit, x86 and IA architecture
- Linux, 32 bit and 64 bit, x86, PowerPC and S/390 architecture
- Mac OS X, 32 bit and 64 bit
- Solaris, 32 bit and 64 bit, Sparc and x86 architecture
- AIX, 32 bit and 64 bit, PowerPC architecture
- HP-UX, 32 bit and 64 bit, IA and PARISC architecture
- FreeBSD, 32 bit and 64 bit, x86 architecture
- 512M minimum, 1G recommended
Launch build agents into Azure cloud on demand
With Azure integration, QuickBuild is able to launch Linux or Windows build agents based on your custom image into Azure cloud on demand.
Nested permission set for easier permission assignment
With nested permission set support, one can pre-define some common permission sets and include them into other permission sets as necessary to facilitate permission management.
Able to diff original value and current value for setting overriden
One can now select a configuration tree to export as an zip file, and then import it to another QuickBuild server of same version. This makes it possible to merge/split configuration tree across different servers.