Bus Hound is the premier software bus analyzer for capturing I/O, protocol, and performance measurements. You can also send your own custom commands from a graphical interface. Because Bus Hound is a 100% software product, it is especially suited to inspecting host side protocol. The tables below illustrate Bus Hound’s capabilities.
Power User Features
· Capture megabytes of I/O at a time
· View I/O on screen in real time
· Trigger on conditions
· Build and submit custom commands
· Issue bus and device resets
· Capture the system startup process
· View low level protocol including SCSI sense data and SMART commands
· View microsecond resolution timing
· Drag and drop captured data to other applications or save it to a zip file
· Capture isochronous and control transfers
· View IRPs and other device driver packets
· Inspect low level I/O
· Debug device drivers or firmware
· Reverse engineer protocol
· Acquire performance measurements
· Research the principles of device operation
|Bus Support||OS Support||Device Support|
SCSI & ATAPI
IDE & SATA
PC Card, PCMCIA
Windows 8, 8.1
Server 2003, 2008, 2012
Windows NT 4.0
DVD, CD, Blu-ray
Hard drives, tape drives
Web Cams, Cameras
Mice, Keyboards, HID
...and everything else!
Are you developing a device driver for a storage adapter or virtual device?
We offer precision source code to four miniport device driver samples to jump start your development putting you close to the finish line right from the start.
Each sample offers the following features
- Source code for a single, self contained device driver that needs no hardware backend to run and thus can be installed on any system
- Creates a virtual disk drive that is assigned a driver letter and works exactly like a real disk drive
- Supports disk drives larger than 2TB (long lba addressing)
- SPC-5 and SBC-4 command set compliance
- Passes ScsiComplianceTest in the Windows Logo Kit (WLK).
- Supports dynamic load and unload, 32-bit and 64-bit Windows and Itanium
- Can be easily installed programmatically or using the Add Hardware wizard
- Sign or logo your driver
- Verifier clean, lint and /w4 clean, signed, and tuned with absolute precision
Get two miniports for the price of one.
|Sample Name:||StorFile and MiniFile||StorRam and MiniRam||StorRaid|
|Ideal for:||virtual devices||ramdisk or hardware adapter||software RAID|
|Driver Type:||StorFile is a virtual storport miniport
MiniFile is a virtual SCSI miniport
|StorRam is a storport miniport
MiniRam is a SCSI miniport
|virtual storport miniport|
|Example Device:||file mounted as a disk drive||ramdisk||RAID0, RAID1|
|Windows Versions Supported:||StorFile supports Windows Vista and later and Server 2003 and later. MiniFile supports all these plus Windows 2000 and XP||StorRam supports Windows Vista and later, Server 2003 and later. MiniRam supports all these plus Windows 2000 and XP||Windows 7 and later and Server 2008 and later|
|Key Features:||Perfect for virtual disks, DVD drives, devices with a network backend, and other virtual devices.
Your code runs at PASSIVE_LEVEL making it ideal to call any WDK functions.
Requests can be completed with high performance outside of miniport context.
Exploits overlapped request queuing and fast, asynchronous back ends.
Kernel level code to read and write a disk file using asynchronous file I/O.
Does not claim hardware resources.
Multi-threaded design for optimum performance on multi-core.
StorFile uses the latest Microsoft VMiniport architecture found in Windows 7, 2008, Vista SP1, and a Windows 2003 hot fix. The code utilizes HwStorProcessServiceRequest, StorPortCompleteServiceIrp, and IOCTL_MINIPORT_PROCESS_SERVICE_IRP
StorFile supports WRITE LONG to create pseudo unrecovered errors.
StorRam uses the new storport architecture for achieving the highest possible performance. It can also be used to test storport functionality without needing the hardware.MiniRam is the ideal choice for adapters without scatter gather such as PCMCIA. MiniRam can also be used to cover the entire range of Windows versions with a single source.
Ideal for IDE, SATA, SCSI, Fibre Channel, Sas, and others.
StorRam includes WMI. The first data block allows the device inquiry data to be changed dynamically. The second data block allows the miniport to send events asynchronously.
Giant memory allocation to allocate gigabytes of page locked memory far beyond the non-paged kernel memory limit.
The "hello world" of miniports; a simple skeleton ready to be filled in with your code. Learn how simple miniports should be.
|Create stripes and mirrors using local disk drives.
Any number of RAIDs can be created and run at once.
Supports 4K sector sizes and any other size.
Selectable stripe sector interleave for high performance
Mirroring performs disk reconstruction. More disks can be dynamically added to a running array. Also contains massively efficient performance algorithms.
Includes a raid management command line tool.
Disk drives allocated to a RAID are not assigned drive letters by Windows.
Single device driver solution.
Enterprise quality, ready to ship software RAID solution.