With DBeaver you do not need multiple tools to manage various aspects of database management – DBeaver consolidates all of them:
Convenient tools for the development of visual diagrams of individual database objects and whole schemas, their customization and export as well as metadata management
Simple and intuitive viewing and editing of data, augmented with sorting and filtering functions
A full-featured and fast-working SQL editor for developing, executing, storing, exporting and re-using scripts with data profiling and formatting functions. SQL Editor could become a product of its own intended for use by professional SQL developers but it is a part of DBeaver, and this is great!
A wide range of features for database support and analysis, data export and import, user sessions and locks management, and a lot more
With a beaver`s persistence, we are developing new features and enhancing existing ones to expand and strengthen DBeaver`s capabilities.
To learn about these and other DBeaver`s features and their technical details, please visit Features.
Works on All Major Platforms
You can launch DBeaver on all major platforms: Windows, MacOS and most popular versions of Linux – CentOS, Ubuntu, etc. Our installers have all necessary certificates and satisfy security requirements. 支持 Windows、Mac OS X 和 Linux
Supports Nearly All Databases
Out of the box, DBeaver supports any database that has a JDBC or ODBC driver – that is almost all relational databases and most NoSQL databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle and many others.
Besides JDBC and ODBC, DBeaver supports databases that do not have any standard xDBC driver, for instance Mongo DB, Redis or WMI.
To find your database, see the full list of supported databases
We are constantly working to train DBeaver to work with more databases. The major trend is data science and work with big data, search databases (Solr) and databases in cloud.
Friendly to All User Categories
DBeaver is equally good for professional and amateur database managers because it makes the work on databases and data intuitive, simple, and convenient. With DBeaver, the complex tasks of database analysis and administration turn out to be easier than they might seem at the first glance. DBeaver does not require any special technical knowledge to support your database in up-to-date state and provides help where needed.
Connection to various datasources
- Choice of database driver from the variety of supported types. The list of drivers includes drivers for relational, document oriented, key value, time-series and other databases.
- Support of user-defined connection types and creation of custom drivers an the Driver Manager
- Configuration of standard (host, port, user credentials) as well as advanced connection properties:
- SSH tunnel
- SOCKS proxy
- Shell commands to be executed before/after actual database connection
- Bootstrap SQL queries executing in the database session immediately after connecting
NoSQL / BigData databases
DBeaver Enterprise has special extensions for:
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Google Bigtable
- Apache Cassandra
- Apache Hive
All these databases have SQL interface and you can work with them as with good old relational databases.
And this is not some kind of JDBC driver abstraction – DBeaver EE supports all native data types and databases structure explorer for these databases.
- Keep your databases passwords in secured storage protected by master password or use native OS password encrypted storage
- Use BouncyCastle advanced security algorithms to connect over SSH or SSL
- DBeaver EE comes with all existing extensions, you don’t need to install anything else. This includes:
- Office formats support
- Vector graphics support
- SQL debugging framework
- Advanced SSH algorithms
- Most of popular database drivers are included in distribution
- A number of Eclipse extensions are included for advanced security and easy installation of 3rd party extension using Eclipse Marketplace
Data viewer and editor
- Multiple data views to fit the variety of users’ needs, for example display of image contents (gif, png, jpeg, bmp) as an images
- Editing of data inline and in a dedicated space
- Convenient navigation among data
- Custom filters for table contents or query results, including filters based on cell values
- Results ordering by column
- Data export with all applied filters and orderings
- Generation of SQL statements based on selected rows
- Basic statistics for selected columns
You can generate random data (or “mock" data) for tables. And this data should look like the real data.
Enterprise edition includes basic and advanced data generators. Including:
- Random strings
- Credit cards
- Domains and IP addresses
- Custom regular expressions
- Flexible numeric generators
- And many more
- Organization of scripts into folders and reassignment of database connections for particular scripts
- SQL syntax highlighting determined by the database associated with a script
- Support for different sets of reserved keywords and system functions for different databases
- Import and export of scripts
Visual Query Builder
- You may construct complex SQL queries without actual knowledge of SQL
- Make table joins/filtering/ordering visually
- Open you existing SQL queries in visual mode, edit and save them – that’s easy
- Execute your visually constructed query at any moment and get results on the screen
- Analyze complex SQL queries visually
- A tree of database connections with their metadata structures down to the lowest level: tables, views, columns, indexes, procedures, triggers, storage entities (tablespaces, partitions), and security entities (users, roles)
- Ability to modify most metadata entities, depending on the database driver capabilities
- Display of database objects` DDL and generation of standard SQL92 DDL according to object structure for some databases
- Ability to edit/rename/delete connections and most database objects
- Global and local filters, ability to filter database objects by name
- Export of data to a file or to another database table with the option to create the destination table if it does not exist
- Supported file formats: CSV, HTML, XML, JSON, XLS, XLSX
- Automatically generated ER diagrams for a database/schema (with all tables) or for a single table (with all referenced/referencing tables)
- Customization of columns visibility
- Export of diagrams to the formats: GIF, PNG, BMP, GraphML
Data and metadata search
- Full-text data search against all chosen tables/views with search results shown as filtered tables/views
- Metadata search among rows in database system tables
- Ability to set an exact object name or a search mask
Database structure comparing
- Ability to compare several database objects of any type: tables, schemas, entire databases, etc
- Comparison results presented in HTML reports
Users of Enterprise Edition have an access to the special online support system. They can write a ticket with question, bug or improvement and track it from the profile.
It usually takes us no more than one working days to answer questions, and just a few days to fix bugs reported by the users.
DBeaver經官方測試，其支持：MySQL、Oracle、PostgreSQL、IBM DB2、Microsoft SQL Server、Sybase、ODBC、Java DB (Derby)、Firebird (Interbase)、HSQLDB、SQLite、Mimer、H2、IBM Informix、SAP MAX DB、Cache、Ingres、Linter、Teradata 和一些符合 JDBC連接的資料庫。
Out of the box DBeaver supports any database that has a JDBC or ODBC driver.
However, for some databases DBeaver provides advanced support: it supports database-specific metadata, data types, SQL dialect, etc.
新版4版開始搭配擴件使用支持 Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis 和 WMI (without JDBC drivers).
The most popular open-source relational database. Now supported by Oracle.
Fork of MySQL, bundled on many Linux systems as default MySQL engine
The most powerful open-source relational database. Supported are versions from PG 7 to PG 10
|Microsoft SQL Server
Enterprise-level relational database developed by Microsoft. Supported drivers are: jTDS for MS JDBC driver
Oracle database (Express or Enterprise) is one of the most advanced relational databases. Supported drivers are: Oracle 8, 9i, 10g, 11g, 12g.
Enterprise-level relational database developed by IBM. Supported drivers are: DB2 for LUW (Linux/Unix/Windows), DB2 for z/OS, DB2 for iSeries / AS400
SAP MaxDB database (formerly SAP DB) – a relational database management system (RDBMS) from SAP AG, delivered by MySQL AB from 2003 to 2007. MaxDB is targeted for large SAP environments
Secure embeddable database, developed by IBM. Optimized for OLTP and IoT
SAP ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise), originally known as Sybase SQL Server, and also commonly known as Sybase DB or ASE, – a relational model database server product for businesses
Scalable and embedded database solutions conforming to ISO standards and suited for open environments
Multipurpose relational and object-oriented DBMS
Open source cross platform SQL relational database
Open-source SQL relational database management system intended to support large commercial and government applications
Unveils Integrated Data Warehouse Platform
Open source project available under the Apache 2.0 and PostgreSQL licenses
Distributed SQL database for global, cloud-native applications with low query latency and extreme resilience against failures.
Hybrid database engine that combines the functionality of a traditional RDBMS, object-relational database (ORDBMS), virtual database, RDF and XML database
Open source SQL-based relational database management system with object extensions
Massively parallel processing database based on PostgreSQL.
Enterprise-level in-memory analytics database
Relational analytics database widely used in BigData applications
Enterprise-level analytics database
Enterprise-level in-memory analytics database
IBM data warehouse analytics database
Distributed SQL Query Engine for Big Data
Open-source distributed column-oriented DBMS
Data analytics platform optimized for the Microsoft Azure cloud services platform.
Free and open-source cross-platform document-oriented database
Couchbase is an open-source, distributed multi-model NoSQL document-oriented database software that is optimized for interactive applications.
The open-source document-oriented NoSQL database.
Interactive query service that makes it easy to analyze data in Amazon S3, using standard SQL
Fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud
Key-value and document database that can handle more than 10 trillion requests per day and can support peaks of more than 20 million requests per second.z
A petabyte-scale, fully managed NoSQL database service for large analytical and operational workloads.
Google's serverless, highly scalable, enterprise data warehouse designed to make all your data analysts productive at an unmatched price-performance.
Managed cloud database (SaaS) provided as part of Microsoft Azure.
Cloud data warehouse
Elastic SQL cloud database
Data warehouse software that facilitates reading, writing, and managing large datasets residing in distributed storage using SQL
Spark JDBC driver for Apache Hive
Open-source version of Google’s Dremel system that is available as an infrastructure service called Google BigQuery
Apache Phoenix HBase database
Open source massively parallel processing (MPP) SQL query engine for data stored in a computer cluster running Apache Hadoop. Impala has been described as the open-source equivalent of Google F1
Memory-optimized, distributed data store designed for applications that have demanding scalability and availability requirements
In-memory data platform for mixed workload applications. Built on Apache Spark
A free and open-source, distributed, wide column store, NoSQL database management system designed to handle large amounts of data across many commodity servers, providing high availability with no single point of failure
An open source (BSD licensed), in-memory data structure store, used as a database, cache and message broker.
Open-source time-series database
The platform for time-series data
Graph database management system
Distributed Multi-Model and Graph Database
Distributed, RESTful search and analytics engine. It provides a distributed, multitenant-capable full-text search engine with an HTTP web interface and schema-free JSON documents.
Open source enterprise search platform. Its major features include full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, real-time indexing, dynamic clustering, database integration, NoSQL features and rich document (e.g., Word, PDF) handling.
Popular embedded database widely used in desktop and mobile (Android) applications
Embedded database, written on Java and used as database engine in Open Office products.
Embedded database, written on Java. Supports standalone server mode.
|Apache Derby / Java DB
Embedded database, written on Java. Supports standalone server mode.
JDBC driver for embedded Microsoft Acces database (mdb)
JDBC driver for flat CSV (comma separated) files
The .dbf file extension represents the dBase database file
|SQL database Support (view all)||V||V||V||V||V|
|NoSQL/BigData database support (view all)||V||V||V||V||V|
|3rd party drivers included||V||V||V||V||V|
|AWS cloud integration||V||V||V|
|GCP cloud integration||V||V||V|
|Azure cloud integration||V||V||V|
|Cloud database explorer||V||V||V|
|Cloud storage support||V||V|
|Administration & Security||Lite||Enterprise||Ultimate||CloudBeaver||Team|
|Enterprise authentication mechanisms||V||V||V||V||V|
|Multicomponent Task manager||V||V||V|
|Support for database backup tools||V||V||V|
|Database maintenance tools||V||V||V|
|Server health dashboards||V||V||V|
|SQL execution plan diagram||V||V||V||V||V|
|Entity Relationship diagrams||V||V||V||V||V|
|Mock data generation||V||V||V|
|SQL Debugger (PostgreSQL)||V||V||V|
|Table data comparison||V||V||V|
|Sync projects to Git repository||V||V||V|
|Data & SQL Management||Lite||Enterprise||Ultimate||CloudBeaver||Team|
|Visual Query Builder||V||V||V||V||V|
|GIS data viewer||V||V||V||V||V|
|AI Assistant in SQL editor (ChatGPT)||V||V||V|
|All users query history||V||V|
|Data collaboration in real time||V||V|
|Shared scripts and database connections||V||V|
|Unified user access to the workspace via SAML, Azure AD, or SSO||V||V|
|Unlimited shared projects and datasets||V|
|Advanced Role Management||V|