Igor Pro 是一個適合科學家和工程師強大的圖形、數據分析、圖像處理和編程工具，經常用於實驗科學和工程數據，進行資料分析並產生出版物般高品質的圖形。可製作2D和3D的圖表應用於研究期刊發表、研究教學等目的，擁有整合式的繪圖及資料分析工具。
- 圖形創作 - Igor Pro首先是出版質量科學和工程圖形程序，能夠創建視覺上令人驚嘆的3D圖形以及2D圖形
- 數據訪問 - 科學家和工程師遇到許多數據格式。Igor Pro提供各種導入，存儲和導出功能，
- 數據存儲 -與電子表格程序不同，Igor Pro的數據對像不會使您的屏幕混亂。
- 數據處理和數學 - Igor Pro提供了廣泛的數學和數據處理程序庫，而Igor的面向數組的算法使復雜的操作變得輕而易舉。
- 圖像處理 - Igor Pro包含一整套用於科學圖像分析應用的操作和功能。
- 數據分析 - Igor提供許多分析功能，包括曲線擬合，峰值分析，信號處理和統計。
- 功能分析 -伊戈爾包括幾個對函數而不是離散數據點起作用的操作，包括：函數繪圖，微分方程，
Igor Pro是一個交互式軟體環境，用於實驗科學和工程數據，以及生成出版品質的圖形和頁面佈局。自1989年推出以來，Igor已被成千上萬的技術專業人士所採用。以下是新發布的Igor Pro 8的一些亮點。
- Igor Pro特別支持時間序列或其他均勻間隔的數據
- 在Macintosh和Windows電腦上運行; Igor Pro 8數據文件是跨平台兼容的
Mac System Requirements
Igor Pro 8 runs on macOS 10.10 - 10.14 (macOS 10.12 to 10.14 is recommended). Igor Pro 8 for Mac is only available as a 64-bit application.
Windows System Requirements
Igor Pro 8 runs on Windows 7 or later. Both 32- and 64-bit applications are installed by default.
Igor Pro and Linux
At the present time Igor does not run under Linux.
- Macintosh: Igor now enables hardened runtime, an OS security feature that applies to macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and later. We do not expect this change to affect users, however it is possible that users could experience sudden crashes due to the way that hardened runtime works.
- The Legend operation's default text for a custom-named trace of a subrange no longer appends the subrange. That is, the legend text for
- AppendToGraph twoDWave/TN=Something
- is no longer "\s(twoDWave[*]) Something[*]", it is "\s(twoDWave[*]) Something".
- Changed Misc→Miscelaneous Settings, Text Editing category, External Editor tab, when the Reload Automatically radio button is selected:
- Old: Only When Igor Application is Activated
- New: Only When Igor Application is Active
- This reflects a change in behavior. Previously, if the file was altered while Igor was active, the Reload button was displayed in the notebook window and the xxx notification window was displayed. Now the text in the notebook window is automatically reloaded.
- Now when you move a graph cursor by editing the point number, the window hook function is called.
- ColorScale axes no longer have extra thickness.
- Fixed crashes in MatrixTranspose and SplitWave when used with a data folder or wave reference wave.
- Fixed PDF export font selection on Macintosh so that (for example) Futura Condensed Light isn't erroneously exported as Futura Condensed Medium.
- Fixed crash that could happen after killing a procedure window that contained functions another procedure window called.
- Fixed a problem that sometimes caused display of very large images in the Data Browser's plot pane to be slow.
- Made fixes to the scaling of annotations in Gizmo plots. We're sure there are still some problems, but we are also confident that the situation is improved!
- A one-point violin plot with user-set bandwidth is now displayed correctly, and doesn't crash.
- On Windows only, if a SetVariable action procedure changed the value of the associated variable, the change was only visible every other time you changed it. That was because the widget that edited the control was left in place, obscuring the real value drawn in the SetVariable control.
- ErrorBars specification "nochange" didn't work correctly with Y mode error bars, only XY mode. Now it works in all modes.
- Fixed problem with a trace in complex mode 0 (real and imaginary) when you edit the point number in the Graph Info Window. This is confusing because a complex wave effectively has 2*N points; now the actual point number is displayed with "i" or "r" to signify the imaginary or real part. See ModifyGraph cmplxMode.
- Fixed a crash if you selected an absurdly large number of objects in a page layout.
- A PNG picture in a notebook now has the correct size when drawn with GDI or GDI+ graphics technology.
- Prevent a crash if you apply ImageGenerateROIMask to a too-large matrix.
- Fixed crash drawing an SVG picture using GDI+ graphics technology.
- Now a Box plot or Violin plot includes the extreme data points in the computations of jitter so that all points are visible when the extreme points are repeated.
- The "HDF5 Browser.ipf" file in Igor Pro 8.04 includes code for compatibility with experiments saved by future versions of Igor (Igor Pro 9 and later).
In "Axis Utilities.ipf", AxisLabelText() finds the correct axis when the given axis name is a prefix of a longer axis name.
- Added the Interpolate2 Log Demo experiment which shows how to do interpolation on the log of exponential data. See Interpolating Exponential Data for details.
XOP Toolkit 是一個附加軟體，可讓C 語言程式擴展Igor Pro功能。該工具包已被用於WaveMetrics和數百位Igor用戶的數據採集、處理和分析功能。 原本的XOPs只為了讓增加Igor的命令操作，而現在的XOPs則可以添加操作、功能、菜單、對話框和視窗。
XOP Toolkit支持Mac OS X，Windows 7，Windows 8和Windows 10。
XOP Toolkit Development Systems
The XOP Toolkit supports the following development systems:
Mac OS X
Visual C++ 2015 (express or professional editions)
Visual C++ 2017 (express or professional editions)
- 支持Igor 7和Igor 8
- 支持64位Macintosh和Windows XOP
- Visual C ++ 2015和2017支持
- Xcode 9和10支持
NIDAQ Tools MX 增加了將數據採集直接匯入Igor Pro，具有外部資料收集功能。 Igor Pro與NIDAQ Tools MX可以把你從數據採集，通過分析在一個單一的環境建立如出版品般質量的圖形。
- Adds additional support for data acquisition directly into Igor Pro
- Go from data acquisition to analysis and creation of journal-quality graphics in one environment
- Pre-programmed control panels provide point-and-click interface for acquisition
- Use additional tools right out of the box or customize as needed
The Igor NIDAQ Tools MX package provides additional support for data acquisition directly into the Igor Pro scientific analysis and graphing application. Acquire data directly into one of the most powerful programmable data analysis environments and go from data acquisition, through analysis, to the creation of publication-quality graphics in a single environment!
The Igor NIDAQ Tools MX is supported by Windows 7 or later and works with most multifunction DAQ devices supported by National Instruments NI-DAQmx driver software and supports Windows 7 or later.
(Macintosh OS X: Because National Instruments has not created the appropriate drivers for Mac OS X, we cannot offer NIDAQ Tools MX for Macintosh.
With NIDAQ Tools MX you can read analog inputs and scan into Igor waves in memory or scan analog inputs to disk to analyze later, as well as control counter-timers and multiple DAQ devices simultaneously.
NIDAQ Tools MX includes several pre-programmed control panels to provide a point-and-click interface to basic data acquisition functions. Use the panels as-is, or modify the procedure files to customize them for your own purposes.
More complex, customized applications can be created using Igor's built-in programming language, extended by NIDAQ Tools MX to include data acquisition and control functionality. Igor control panels can be used to make a nice user interface for DAQ systems.
- Read analog inputs
- Scan analog inputs into Igor waves (data arrays) in memory
- Scan analog inputs to disk, then use Igor to pick out interesting parts later
- Set analog output voltages
- Generate arbitrary waveforms from Igor data arrays
- Digital i/o including static, timed and handshaking, depending on hardware support
- Control counter-timers for pulse train and one-shot pulse generation, period and frequency measurement, etc
- Control multiple DAQ devices simultaneously
Windows 7 or later. Your version of Igor Pro may require a later version of Windows.
Any system that Igor runs on, and for which National Instruments has made available the NI-DAQmx driver software.
Igor Pro: Igor Pro 6 (32-bit), Igor Pro 7 or later (32-bit or 64-bit).
Just about any National Instruments DAQ device supported by NI-DAQmx Software for Windows.
More information on supported devices.
Driver: National Instruments NI-DAQmx Software version 10.0 or later.
Macintosh OS X:
Because National Instruments has not created the appropriate drivers for Mac OS X, we cannot offer NIDAQ Tools MX for Macintosh.